Saturday, August 9, 2008

ATT Contract Violation & Overcharge

I moved to a new address last month and asked ATT to transfer my phone number to my new address. After moving, ATT claimed they had to give me a temporary number and proceeded to charge me for it and then charge me for CHANGING the temporary number to my old existing number. I'm not paying for something I didn't ask for. I did NOT ask for the temporary number nor did I ask for a number change. I simply asked them to TRANSFER my existing number to a new address.


That's the first problem. The second problem is with the quad package I ordered. I ordered landline service, wireless cellphone service, dishnetwork tv, and DSL for about $180 a month. So far, ATT has billed me separately for the landline service and a whopping $343 for cellphone service that doesn't even work half the time!!


The third problem is that ATT is preventing my ISP from giving me the SAME EXACT DSL service I had before I ordered the quad package. After telling me I would have to pay a $100 deposit to get DSL, ATT cancelled the DSL part of the quad package and reduced it to a triad package so that I could continue with my ISP's DSL service. But my isp says that ATT refuses to let them give me the DSL service I had before I moved. (My isp orders DSL through ATT.) ATT told my ISP that DSL wasn't in my area even though I moved just two blocks away. I called ATT to ask why, and they said DSL is available in my area, that i don't have to pay a $100 deposit anymore, and that they put in an order for me. I believe this violates FCC Rules since they are preventing my ISP from giving me service that i had and want to continue to use.


I am not paying this outrageous bill. They're charging me a month in advance for things I DON’T have, CAN’T use, and apparently CAN'T have.


Whoever heard of a $343 cellphone bill?? I only had it since July 12th or something!!

No comments: